Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby steps...Guest Bathroom

When it comes to decorating a new home, you have to take baby steps.  I decided to first tackle one of the smallest and most irrelevant rooms in my house. I have finished decorating my guest bathroom upstairs.  It was originally a kids bathroom with surfboards.  Silly me, I didn't take a before picture.  Booo!  I still wanted to share the "after" photos because I'm so proud of the way it turned out. 

For some reason this bathroom is the only room in the entire house that I have fully decorated and finished.  I think it's because I rarely use that room, and wasn't afraid of how it would turn out.  Now if only I could get up the guts to work on the rest of the house in the same mind set. I just want everything to be perfect!!!  Of course, decorating a small guest bath is way cheaper than repainting and decorating my living room, kitchen, or master bedroom.  All it took was a couple coats of paint some cute accessories and it was pretty much finished!






Like I said, baby steps.  And let me tell you, taking that first step felt REALLY good!

Check out the link partys at:
http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2012/02/anything-goes-55.html
http://www.theroosterandthehen.com/porch-makeover-reveal-and-rrr-linky-party/




7 comments:

  1. Baby steps are good. It's that first step that's always the hardest.
    Love your bathroom. Keep it up!
    Following on Linky, hope you'll stop by and follow too.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bathroom! It looks so freshly and full of beautiful spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel, glad you joined my newbie party. Very pretty guest bath. Please add my link or party button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shower curtain and the towel holder. And you're right...baby steps

    Stopping by from the newbie party and I'm your newest follower (and first on google friend connect!) I'd love to have you stop by and visit my (newbie) blog too, and follow back if you are so inclined.

    Have a wonderful night,
    Sarah
    www.adventuresofourfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I'm glad you stopped by! I just checked out Adventures of our Fami-ly, and am your newest follower!

      Delete