Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nebraska Furniture Mart=True Love

What a busy week!  I have been swamped at work, and have had no time to write!  Today I finally feel like I can relax after a crazy few days. 

Saturday we decided to go browse Nebraska Furniture Mart.  Those of you who are local know what I mean when I say that place is a giant playground for adults.  They have everything you could possibly dream of when it comes to furnishing and decorating a home.  So dream is exactly what we did.  We walked through every department, just picking out items that we liked...and then arguing with each other about our taste in furniture.  :-) Needless to say, I got home and made a wish list on their website.  I thought I would share a few of the items I am dying to own!

I would love to have this rug for under our kitchen table.  Our living room that is adjacent to the kitchen is done in muted greens and blues.  I want to bring the yellow and red into the kitchen.  I feel like my kitchen would be more homey in warm colors.  This rug would be a perfect way to tie the two rooms and color schemes together.



I'm not sure what I would do with these jars, but I think they are awesome!


These finials are great because you can leave them as they are, or decorate them with floral items for the different seasons and holidays.


Right now I don't have a canister set in the kitchen.  It's mostly because I can't stand clutter on the counters.  But if these beauties were cluttering up my counter tops, I would be in heaven.


Last but not least, here is the kitchen table we ALMOST bought.  It's a counter height table, which I love.  I think it just has a more modern look.  My sister has one, and it even works great for her kiddos to sit at.  I like this table because it is two-toned in browns.  I like the idea that I'm not tied down to one grain and one stain.  We didn't end up purchasing the table as we still have some other bills to pay that come with furnishing a brand new house.  Don't worry.  I promised it I would be back for it!


Have a great Tuesday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment