Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday Thrift Store Finds!

I decided to treat myself to a stroll through a couple of antique and thrift stores today.  I came up with these three lovelies, and I'm only $12 poorer!  I'm going to leave the bowl piece and the decorative ball as they are.  The gold wooden plaque will definitely need to be painted, but that's half the fun, right? 



 I can't decide what color to paint it, but I'm thinking turquoise or teal to match the guest bathroom I claimed I was finished decorating. :-P  I'm beginning to think I just want to keep decorating that room because it's done in the fun colors I love.  The rest of the house is more neutral-also known as "boyfriend friendly".  He's  not crazy about the colors I would put on my dream color palette.  Ah, well.  Compromising stinks doesn't it? 

Well, if we're lucky in a few days I should have my little gold beauty painted up.  It's just so cold outside right now that nothing sounds good but snuggling up under a blanket on the couch for a movie!  I better go make some hot chocolate!  After a few cups I should be warm and over caffeinated enough to get something done!


Please check out the link party at Costal Charm! http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2012/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no102.html

4 comments:

  1. Nice finds Mel ... I bet you will enjoy making them look pretty.
    You have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award... check it out here.
    http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award-again.html
    Blessings.
    Audrey Z.
    zumro@ktc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you so much, how very sweet of you! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my new little blog. I will hop over your way and check yours out as well. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Visiting via the lovely Audrey and following as well, as I know what it feels like to be a newbie (it wasn't so long ago that I was one).
    I love your thrift store finds and also the artwork you did for the kitchen. Great colours !
    Fiona @justpaintitwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your nice comments and for following...it's always exciting to have a new friend! I will definately come check out Just Paint it White.

    ReplyDelete