Monday, March 12, 2012

My Modernized Dining Area

Does anyone remember the picture I showed you of the dining area in my kitchen in one of my very first blog posts?  It's okay if you don't remember.  I tend to block out ugly things too.  In case you forgot, here it WAS:


The ugliness is now gone!!  I want to share a bunch of pictures I took after we updated everything.  I'm not finished decorating by any stretch, but I can actually walk into my dining area now and feel like I'm at home.   





In addition to pics of the dining area update, I also wanted to show you how I redid my seat covers on my kitchen chairs.

Here is the original seat over.  Not horrible, but pretty dated.


So I went to my local fabric store and asked for their home decor fabrics.  I know these fabrics tend to be more expensive, but they end up looking beautiful and are equally durable. 

I didn't even know where to begin.  They had 3 aisles of home decor fabric! 

 Lucky for me, the young lady at the counter was very patient, and went around cutting me a million samples to bring home.





I brought my samples home a laid them out on my new rug.  As busy as the rug is, I wanted something fairly simple for the seat covers. 

This is where Garret's help was nice.  I was pretty overwhelmed from the huge selection I had just looked at.  He had fresh eyes, and helped me narrow it down to two.  I, of course, made the final decision(hehe).



I covered each seat with a white buffer fabric to be certain none of the original seat color would show through.



Then I laid my cushions out on my home decor fabric.  I did this to make sure I didn't run short. It's too expensive(in my book)  to make any mistakes.



Then I stapled the new fabric over my old seats.


And, TADA!!  Good as new!


 

 


I hope you like it as much as I do!


Oh, by the way, I'm going to be hosting an AMAZING product review and giveaway series here in about a week.  It's called "Domestic Bliss: A Kitchen and Laundry Room Product Review and Giveaway Series". 

I have some seriously awesome homemade products to show you from several Etsy shops, and the best part is.....there's a giveaway!  Here's a little teaser to show you a few of the great products!




Linking up at the following blogs, please drop by and check them out:
Coastal Charm:
Between Naps on the Porch:
Three Mango Seeds
How to Nest for Less
Type A
The Sasse Life
The Shappy Creek Cottage

9 comments:

  1. What a great transformation!!! I LOVE the chairs!!

    Thanks for joining the Show Some Love Linky Follower Fest Blog Hop!!
    I'm your newest follower!

    Christine
    thediydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christine! Thanks for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! It looks so much crisper and cleaner.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It's amazing how a few simple things can make a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Transformation Thursday. I absolutely love this project and you are truly talented!

    Thanks for the inspiration and have a great weekend.

    blessings,
    *thistle*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! You must be so happy! Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric you chose, the chairs look great !

    ReplyDelete