Monday, April 16, 2012

Face Lifts For Some Old Shelves

It was super nice outside today, so I decided to give some attention to a couple of old shelves I got at a garage sale about a month ago.  I bought the big one for $2, and the little one came free with it!  What a steal!



I picked up a free quart of paint from Ace Hardware last month during their free quart promotion.  I wasn't sure what I was going to use it on, but I knew I loved the color called Diamond Peak from Clark + Kensington.  I finished these shelves with Minwax Finishing Paste, first a coat of the natural finish, then a coat of the special dark finish. 

Here are my shelves after their face lifts!



Don't they look pretty?  The best part is that I already had the wax, got the quart of paint for free, and two shelves for only $2.00.  If that's not a cheap and easy project, I don't know what is.  I just wanted to share with you guys, I haven't posted any cheap DIY projects for about a week! Have a great Monday night!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mel! Thanks for visiting my blog and becomming a follower too - I really appreciate that! Am following you back! Love this blue color you chose! These shelves are so adorable! Have a great week! Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a blog with full of latest and spectacular information’s – This blog has helped me to gain much more information. I would like to appreciate the blog owner for his efforts home lift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and yes you got it. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks. External Lifts UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog over here! Thanks for sharing this very usefull information. I will visit your blog again into a couple off days to check if you have some new articles home lift

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find many useful things herewith. It is really amazing for us. Where ever we are, just click on the website and Take advantages .Your article impressed me very heartily. From a last decade I was searching such type of web site. Thanks for giving me a space in your blog. I refer this to my close friends who are already seeking for the same .thanks again guys..Home Lifts

    ReplyDelete