Friday, June 8, 2012

Dreaming of a Sprinkler System

This has been a year of firsts for us as new homeowners.  First time I get to paint the walls any color I like.  First time I get to park my car in a garage.  First time I have a master bedroom with a giant closet and bathroom!  But with all the good firsts, come the bad.  This is the first time I've had to take care of a lawn. 
I have talked before about me and Garret's lack of knowledge about lawn care.  Remember?  We went to the local lawn and garden store and walked around aimlessly because we didn't know where to start.  The employee helping us even asked how big our lawn was and we had no clue what to tell him.  Well, the employee got us all set up and gave very easy directions on how to use everything.  But my yard still looks like this!


 
And the reason? Because we don't irrigate it properly.  I think I'm just too lazy.  When I look back on our home buying process I remember we looked at some houses that had lawn sprinkler systems.  Why didn't we buy one of THOSE houses?  Moving the sprinkler heads and hoses all over the yard is such a pain!  That's another thing.  We don't have the right irrigation supplies for the size of our yard.  It takes me all evening to irrigate our lawn because we only have one hose.  And the other problem is, I don't know how long I'm supposed to irrigate.  Ten minutes?  Half an hour?  Longer?  Clueless.  I would honestly choose buying a timed sprinkler system over new bedroom furniture at this point, and that's saying a lot considering how badly we need furniture.  Garret and I are so sick of messing with the lawn that Garret jokingly asked how I felt about just making our yard all gravel.  Not funny! 

The sad part about all of this is that it's only the beginning of June and it hasn't even been that hot yet.  So I recently added lawn supplies to my shopping list, and started my research on sprinkler systems.  Hey, a girl can dream right?  And as I started my research I found that sprinkler systems are actually affordable.  I went to Irrigation Supply Depot online and they have everything you could ever dream of.  From plain old garden hoses, all the way up to sprinkler systems.  I found they have a six zone sprinkler system set for less than $900. They quite literally have all the lawn supplies you could ever need.  If you are in the market for a sprinkler system, I highly recommend checking out Irrigation Supply Depot. They have fantastic customer service, and will answer any questions you might have.  

Well, we'll see what happens!  I'm going to make it as easy as possible for me to take care of our yard, and maybe I can turn that brown grass green. Look out lawn, here I come!



1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm still renting and am always so grateful for it (so far) when I see the landlords dealing with the yard...and especially the SNOW!

    ReplyDelete