Monday, July 9, 2012

Homemade Chalk Paint Nightstand!!

It's finally less than 100 degrees outside after WEEKS of torture.  I used the opportunity to finish a project I've been dying to get to!  I found a two drawer night stand at a garage sale for $5.00 about a month ago. It was made of pretty cheap material, but I knew I could pretty it up!  Read on for DIY details!

I would love to show you the before picture, but I forgot to take one!  It makes me so mad when that happens!!  I did, however, find one that looks similar to my before to show you if that helps.

Pretend this is my before, because it's fairly close other than a few details.
Here is a pic after two coats of homemade chalk paint.


And here is the finished product!!  I did one coat of clear wax, distressed, then a light coat of dark wax glaze, followed by another coat of clear wax.  Added some new hardware, and called it good!














RECIPE:
I have borrowed the chalk paint recipe from 2ndEssence.  I did a half cup plaster of paris, half cup hot water.  Whisk those together, then add one and a half cups paint. Works pretty well I think!

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope everyone has a fantastic week!!  Don't forget to enter the 30 days free Large Ad Space giveaway!

Linking up at:



7 comments:

  1. Your chalk paint piece looks fantastic! I'm working on my first piece. I posted Part I today. Feel free to stop by and check it out.

    * I found you via Homemaker on a Dime's link party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i am a fan of homemade chalkpaint- inexpensive and works well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! New follower, hopping over from the Blog Hop. Love this makeover, it looks great!!!

    ~ Lauren

    http://meandmybeautifulmess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dresser looks so great! New follower from GFC hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. Hosting Facebook hop now. Over 150 facebook pages. Love for you to join the fun ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looks amazing, I love the way it came out! Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower from the GFC Hop over at The Life of the Not So Ordinary Wife!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for partying with me last week :) Featuring you tonight! Hope to see you there. Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete