Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Honey-Do List...To Myself


Guess how many times a week I can honestly say there is no housework to do?  Usually a big goose egg!  This week I took Wednesday off to get my hair done, go to the eye doctor, and run some other errands.  When I came home I cleaned the house from top to bottom, while catching up on all my shows.  Now, here I sit in silence waiting for Garret to get home and I have nothing to do!  That never happens! 

The only thing is I have a ton of things I want to do, and several projects to work on.  Most of them require me changing into my paint clothes, and making a huge mess.  I don't have enough time for all that since we're going shopping for a birthday gift and to dinner tonight.  So I thought I'd at least make a list for myself here, so you can see it and then I'm accountable!


The Melissa- Get Your Life Together List

1. Finish the dresser that's in pieces all over the garage.  I think Garret's annoyed by it. (Side note: In order to do this you need to go to the paint store and purchase a new color since you didn't like the first one at all.  Also, try and see if you can borrow someones sander, because you really screwed up the chalk paint recipe, and the paint job looks terrible.)

The before....before I screwed it up even more.



2. Do SOMETHING with the 6 emptied and cleaned wine bottles sitting on the kitchen counter.  You've already looked up 4 different ways of painting and decorating them, and you even have some new ideas.  So get to it before you decide you're sick of staring at them and throw them away!

3. Take some pictures and write the blog post about your cute new side table in the kitchen.  It's adorable, you know you want to show it off!! 

4.  Organize the spare bedroom/junk room/craft room.  Go find a couple shelves at garage sales, paint them pretty, and straighten things up! Oh, wait.  That would require more painting, but you're much of a wimp about this billion degree weather to do it. 

Oh, how I miss winter!!


5.  Think about making some wall art for your bedroom.  You have lived in this house for over a year now and the walls in that room are BARE.  Just because you're too cheap to buy something, doesn't mean you can't make something for cheap. Maybe you should be on Pinterest right now getting ideas instead of just listing all the things you want to do because you're to lazy to start doing them.

Geeze, I was a little hard on myself with this list, but I guess no one else is going to get my butt in gear.  So I'll leave you with that.  If nothing else, I hope I motivated you to get some things done so you don't have a depressing list like mine! 

Also, don't forget about the referral giveaway over on our Facebook page!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm following you from the Return the Favor Hop. Stop by and visit soon. ;)
    xo Sandra
    redrose-vintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy gal! I too wish the heat would abate so I could be outside.

    Popping in from Pinky's link party.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete